Translate

Saturday, March 2, 2013

To my children and grandchildren

Feb 23, 2013

As the organ plays "Come, Come, Ye Saints", my mind returns to Winter Quarters and the times that we visited as a family and enjoyed the serenity and peacefulness that surrounds the grounds. It has always been my most favorite of church sites. My mind reflects especially on the day with our family surrounding the monument in the graveyard. We were all sad and full of fear and apprehension for the future having just lost our Husband and Father. It was at that time at the monument that I knew what our instructions were to be as I read the words surrounding the monument. "Gird up your loins fresh courage take our Lord will never us forsake. All is well, All is well."
So we have gone forward without our beloved Father and Husband and The Lord has blessed us mightily as we have strived to be obedient and draw near unto Christ. Things may not have been as we I visioned them as children or when I was a young wife and mother but I will say we are doing well even with the trials of life we struggle through each day.
I want to testify to you my children that I know The Book of Mormon holds the fullness of the gospel and that Joseph Smith was called to be the latter day Prophet who would be the Lords instrument in bringing the restoration of the Christ's church upon the earth.
I testify to you that as you keep your covenants and live your life in accordance with those sacred covenants that you will be happier and able to take on the trials of life.
Hold to the rod. Get a good education. Attend the your meetings and Temple regularly. Make studying your scriptures a priority in your life and in your homes.
Prepare yourself to be the best that you can be. Each one of you are so very smart and talented.
I testify that The Lord knows you and loves you. Teach your children and bare your testimonies often to them and your spouse. Love them and tell them you love them.
I bare my testimony as a witness of Christ that God lives. He knows you. It is when we drift away from him that we feel alone and confused of how to move forward in our life. Draw near to The Lord to find the peace and happiness you seek. Make your prayers sincere and ask with exactness. The Lord waits to bless you. I plead with you my children to step up your efforts in drawing close to The Lord and strengthen your testimony. I love each of you dearly and I pray for you each day. I testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only church on the earth with the authority to act in Gods name. I know it holds the complete truth. Where other church's have parts of the truth. We have the complete truth with the line of authority. I leave you a mothers blessing that you will be blessed in all facets of your life as you live the gospel each day. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment