Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

The 7th Week

Last night we taught our first lesson to a new member. One of the things the Church has included in the Preach My Gospel series is a requirement for the newly baptized convert to receive a review series of each of the lessons the were taught. We agreed with the missionaries that taught the convert, Beverly Farley, that we would teach the review lessons. I thought it would be a good way for us to ease into teaching. It was more difficult than I thought it would be.

Our memories are not quite what they used to be, so memorizing the lessons is not in our skill set, so I went through the lesson and prepared a power point that we used. It was helpful, but it still did not flow the way I would like to see it flow and it will take some time for that to happen. If the Spirit was there, it wasn't because of anything I did or said. It will take some time for me to get closer to the Spirit to really teach these lessons the way they need to be taught.

Tonight we are working on the next lesson for next week and I am sure it will go better. We are immersing ourselves in the lessons and scriptures and I can feel it. This feeling begins to consume you and everything you do is directed by this overwhelming spiritual feeling.

Today is our 4th anniversary and it is really nice to be together. We do everything together and it is wonderful. Sometimes, like this afternoon we just sat with each other for over 2 hours and didn't say a word. We just hung out together. It is a nice feeling.

Tomorrow we are driving to Lebanon Tennessee to take part in a special meeting with Apostle Oaks of the Quorum of the 12. He is coming for a special meeting and we have to be their at 8:15. The entire mission will be their. It should be a very special time. I will waite to see what he wants to share with us.

We are d oing well. Continue to exercise almost every morning at the Wellness Center. I can't swim as well as I used to. My legs don't want to work in harmony with my arms, I love my rythum and end up flailing around after a while. Don't know why unless the twisting of my body is affecting the nerves in my legs preventing my from controlling them properly.

Well, I will talk to you a little later after the meeting with Elder Oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment